The viscosity of fuels affects their ignition temperature, heat of combustion, the rate at which they burn, density, melting points, energy density and lubricity.
Vegetable oils are appealing alternatives to petrol due to their greater density, safety and lower exhaust emissions. However, the viscosity of vegetable oils also affects the ease with which they can be converted to biodiesel and the engines they are suitable for. More viscous fuels leave more deposits in car engines and can cause problems with engine pressures and injection systems.
Increasingly, Hydramotion viscometers are used in biomass conversion and end-product quality control and assessment.
Recommended products for this industry are below:
Why Choose Nelson Systems?
We are North America’s trusted source for innovative, top of the line Hydramotion viscometers. What you can expect from us:
- Superior customer service
- Many years of engineering and viscometry experience
- Knowledgeable, experienced and friendly sales staff that will guide through every step of the decision making/ordering process
- Ask about our Rental program – try before you buy!
- Need a repair or calibration? We can help with that too
- Backed by Hydramotion’s commitment to high quality and safety standards
We would be glad to assist you and answer any questions you may have! Please use the Contact page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (530) 272-7956